2.20.2020

Are You Lonely?


I think one of the most difficult challenges a Christian faces is feeling alone.
It’s easy to allow the shuffle of life to isolate us. It’s easy to feel alone.
And the devil would love for us to dwell there; his architect is ready with plans to build that glass house if we’ll abide in it…
Jesus has a different purpose for the loneliness. It isn’t to isolate or leave us empty. 
That loneliness can be an opportunity for connecting with God if you’ll open your heart to Him. So often though, we hesitate to open up. Our flesh wants pity. When our spirits are crying out to give praise. The loneliness shouldn’t be an isolation, but rather a drawing..
Once, a minister’s wife confided in me about how lonely she had become since her husband had began traveling. She made a comment during that conversation, and it rings in my mind each time loneliness tries to creep into my spirit.
She said, “You know, I could let myself wallow in self pity, and cry over how lonely I feel. But I’ve found out that doesn’t make the loneliness any less.. It’s like God is whispering to our spirits – begging us for more time spent with Him.. and we push it aside and fill out time with mean less nothing in attempt to fill the void. I’ve started turning to prayer whenever I feel lonely, and oh man, has it changed me.. you’ll never go wrong if you just lean on Jesus.”
So, momma, saint, minister’s wife.. let me encourage you, while I encourage me.. the next time your sitting in a quiet, dark living room alone on a Sunday night and social media posts filled with laughing friends around dinner tables seem to mock how isolated you feel in that moment.. put down the phone. Take a minute. Breathe. And pray. Take 5 minutes. Or ten minutes. Or 20 minutes. Whatever you need.. And cast that care to Jesus. 
Talk to Him in your hour of loneliness.
Who knows, He may have specifically created that lonely moment in your spirit to give you an opportunity to feel totally wrapped in His embrace. He’ll be there. His word promises us He’ll always be there.

“Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.” 1 Peter 5:7
“And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” Phil. 4:6

No comments:

Post a Comment